Gold Coast University Hospital Access Road
Widening of Labrador-Carrara Road and Olsen Avenue, from 4 to 6 lanes for the Gold Coast University Hospital between Melia Court and the Smith Street Motorway interchange.
The works included:
- Upgrade of the existing traffic light controlled intersection of Olsen Avenue and Parklands Drive/Wintergreen Drive;
- including additional dual right turning lanes and signalised pedestrian crossings;
- Installation of new traffic light controlled intersections of Olsen Avenue and Hollows Way including signalised pedestrian crossings;
- Upgrade to streetlighting;
- Installation of stormwater reticulation and GPT’s;
- Dedicated on road bicycle lanes;New pedestrian footpaths.
- Upgrading an existing dual lane high density traffic route maintaining existing peak hour traffic conditions;
- Construction and coordination with adjacent major construction projects—(Gold Coast Rapid Transit, Gold Coast University Hospital & Griffith University campus expansion);
- Construction implementation in 9 separate major traffic managed stages, with minimal impact on traffic flows, local businesses & residents.
- Co-ordination and construction around existing & new public utility plant;
- Replacement of large volumes of unknown, subgrade material;
Construction timeframes and milestones met during unprecedented periods of wet weather during the Spring-Summer 2010-2011.
BACK TO PROJECTS
Department of Transport and Main Roads