Bribie Island Park n Ride Facility
The Bribie Island Park n Ride contract was awarded to Moggill Constructions Pty Ltd in April 2010 by the Department of Transport and Main Roads, following an open tender to construct the new facility adjacent to the island’s main shopping centre. It was opened on time in August 2010.
The works included:
- Establishing environmental controls within the sensitive dunes appropriate for the construction methodology adopted for these works;
- Clearing dune vegetation without exposing the sands to erosion;
- Constructing significant bio filtration ponds within the sands to accommodate stormwater runoff;
- The construction of a 120 vehicle car park with provision to expand as the commuter demand grows;
- Electrical reticulation and streetlighting;
- Construction of the works within a busy shopping complex and adjacent to a retirement village.
Particular specific issues that affected the job construction:
- Construction on environmentally sensitive dune sands;
- The removal of significant dumped asbestos waste found during the clearing activity;
- Constructing the detention tank in “Atlantis” cells in sand
BACK TO PROJECTS
Department of Transport and Main Roads (Translink)