Intersection Upgrade with Miles Platting Road and McKechnie Street, Eight Mile Plains
Brisbane City Council awarded the project to Moggill Constructions at the start of February 2012 with a Contract period of 22 weeks.
Miles Platting Road connects the Gateway Arterial to Logan Road and beyond. The McKechnie Drive/Buckingham Place intersection provides access into the developing Technology Park business area and also to the existing residential suburb opposite.
- Provision of traffic lights at McKechnie/Buckingham Intersection;
- Redesign of existing centre traffic islands to provide longer turning slots to intersection as well as to provide 2 traffic lanes in either direction.
- Construction and reconstruction of pavement associated with above.
- Drainage Works
Project challenges included:
- Maintaining existing traffic flows in peak periods;
- Ensure pedestrian access and safety at all times;
BACK TO PROJECTS