Private Albert Thistlethwaite Bridge Remediation Works
The $300k contract for remedial works to the Private Albert Thistlethwaite Bridge at Closeburn was awarded by Moreton Bay Regional Council in November 2012 for the following activities:
- Replacement and upgrade of rock-fill scour protection to the creek banks and pier footings;
- Miscellaneous structural repairs to the bridge superstructure and abutments;
all as part of their recent flood reclamation works contracts.
Specific Issues relevant to this project included:
- Restricted and difficult site access particularly under the bridge;
- Transporting and placing the large volume of well graded large particle rock-fill;
- Ensuring interlocking of placed rock-fill;
- Minimising our environmental impact on the footprint of the works, particularly the creek;
- Difficult access to certain structural repair activities;
- Bridge repairs carried out under live traffic.
BACK TO PROJECTS
Moreton Bay Regional Council