Intersection Upgrade Sir Fred Schonell Drive, Coldrige Street and Munro Street, St Lucia
Upgrade the Sir Fred Schonell Drive, Coldridge Street and Munro Street intersection in St Lucia. Brisbane City Council is in partnership with The University of Queensland (UQ) to deliver this project which will replace the existing roundabout with a signalised intersection. This will provide a safer road environment and enhance traffic flow through this busy thoroughfare.
- Provision of traffic lights at Sir Fred Schonell Drive, Coldridge Street and Munro Street intersection;
- Pavement Construction;
- Drainage Works;
Specific Issues or Challenges:
- Maintaining existing traffic flows in peak periods;
- Ensure pedestrian access and safety at all times;
- Maintaining access to residential property’s
- Restricted works area
Innovations Used on This Project:
- Innovative pavement construction techniques used to ensure value for money for the client.
BACK TO PROJECTS