Jones Road Intersection Upgrade
Moggill Constructions’ work on the Jones Road Upgrade is part of an ongoing improvement to the area to improve traffic congestion. The road duplication will create a four traffic lane road improving the trafficable area around the extremely busy Jones Road/Redbank Plains Road intersection through to Augusta Parkway.
The works included:
- The removal and installation of key retaining structures at the front boundaries of existing property boundaries;
- Reconstruction, realignment and widening of approximately 1.2km of roadway, including a signalised intersection at the heavily used Jones Road/Redbank Plains Road/Keidges Road Intersection;
- Relocation of existing services;
- Construction of new sewer, water, and drainage;
- Construction of retaining walls, including blockwork retaining wall with cladded face and also drystack arrangements of block;
- New footpaths, driveways to properties as well as associated lighting and fencing.
Specific Issues Relevant to Project:
- Working around existing properties and businesses, including service relocation within property boundaries;
- Maintaining pedestrian and vehicle access to residential areas and local businesses;
- Staged traffic management under heavy traffic and difficult conditions;
- Works in coordination with local service authorities, including connection to live mains;
- Asbestos pipe removal
BACK TO PROJECTS